Would you like to become a part of the Manhattan Portage team? Search our job postings below to discover your next career. Applications are accepted via email only for jobs listed below.
Don't see any jobs? Check back often so you don't miss an opportunity to become a part of the original messenger bag company.
Before applying, please note:
We do not accept phone calls about any jobs.
Firms or out of state/country individuals please do not contact.
Resume, cover letter, and portfolio (when applicable) must be sent by E-MAIL to: email@example.com
Company's Job ID: SALESMARKETING-1012
Job Title: Sales and Marketing Assistant
Hours: 40 hours/week (10am-6pm)
Salary: Commensurate Upon Experience
Location: Downtown Manhattan, Soho
Experience: Confirmed (3-5 years)
Immediate need for a Sales and Marketing Manager's Assistant who will enjoy working in a multicultural, fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
We are looking for a responsible, outgoing, and hard-working individual who takes initiatives, gets the job done and is eager to learn the various aspects of sales, marketing and wholesale distribution in the bag industry. You will represent the newer of our two brands, for wholesale, online and corporate inquiries, and help the company handle existing accounts and prospecting new accounts.
1. Maintain and build on relationships with existing in-house accounts
2. Implement promotional and advertising strategies with existing customers
3. Help organize, attend, and perform follow up for domestic trade shows
4. Assist the company in recruiting, training and communicating with sales representatives for the US market
5. Target potential new customers and follow up with qualified customers through phone calls, mailings, and in-store visits for New York retailers
6. Follow up on new advertising, PR, editorial and sponsorship inquiries
7. Assist wholesale buyers at our NY showroom
8. Follow up through the various stages of sales process, including shipping and billing aspects
9. Communicate new styles and upcoming trade shows to existing customers
10. Implement promotional strategies to increase sales via web advertisement and social networking
11. Assist in maintaining social media presence (via blog posts, facebook, twitter, etc.)
12. Assist in our retail location as needed for both training and sales purposes
13. Make suggestions to improve internal procedures and increase wholesale/corporate sales
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Previous experience dealing with wholesale/corporate buyers. Retail sales experience is a plus.
Opportunity to gain additional responsibilities and learn about other departments; including International Sales and Distribution, Online Sales, Logistics and Shipping, Production and Product Development.
Commissions on accounts, Employee discount on store's merchandise, Overseas business travel to Europe and Asia for key employees.
Please E-MAIL resume and cover letter