Although we love the song, “Empire State of Mind” by Jay Z and Alicia Keys- we have to admit New York City is way more than a “Concrete Jungle.” There are so many fun things you can do outdoors in this city, and sometimes people just forget. Don’t worry, we are here to remind you:
1. Central Park- There are so many outdoor activities in this 843 acre park. Here are just a few: Rent a kayak, have a picnic, play baseball, go for a run, rent a bike, or go to the zoo.
2. Play Mini Golf at Pier 25 in Tribeca: With the view of the Manhattan skyline as your backdrop and only $5.00 per game, you can’t really go wrong here!
3. Soar Through The Sky at Trapeze School NYC - This activity is only for the brave. The staff makes sure you are having fun and are safe at the same time. Prices start at $47 per class. Looks like fun to us!
4. Cool off at the Gansevoort Hotel Outdoor Pool- Every Sunday this trendy hotel opens it’s doors to the public for the rooftop pool party. With house and trance DJ’s, a cocktail in your hand and your friends by your side, it would be almost impossible to have a bad time!
5. Hang Ten at Rockaway Beach- If you are a beach bum who wants to just lay in the sun, or if you want to catch a wave on your surfboard, Rockaway Beach has it all. It takes about 45 mintues to get to this beach from Manhattan. Take subway: A, Rockaway S to Rockaway Park–Beach 116th S.
What’s your favorite thing to do outside in NYC?